Friday, June 21, 2013

Treehouse learn to make ios apps, android apps, web design and programming.

Searching more for a way to pick up my design skills being a programmer and all I came across this treehouse site ( link is below )

Just started today so I won't have a deep review but here's what I like and dislike:
  • I like the why it is set up, building from the scratch up. Other sites I cant really find a start point and I and up not looking into the trainings. 
  • You can take a quiz or code challenge along the way. first of all for me it's checking if I already own those skills of if I should check in to this in a few seconds.
  • Second, you earn badges which may be a bit childish but I think it's fun. Also potential employers can see the badges you earned. And last it gives you hands on practice while you try out new stuff you just learned.
  • As you progress you can view on your dashboard where you are in the courses. So you can easily pick up any time where you left off.
  • There is a litte bit of humor in the video's which I think takes the edge of some things and makes it a nicer learning experience.
  • Now what I don't like I have to think about... Maybe it could have been a bit less childish ? If I come up with some thinks I'll add the likes and dislikes later to this post
The prices are ok I have to see if this is really for me but looked at a few and I must say I love it so far!
It starts from 25$ a month or 250$ if you pay annually ( 2 month discount ) for the silver account.
The gold account is a bit more pricier but I think you will have enough with the silver account.

Also you can earn 20% discount for every subscriber you refer, which is what I'm doing right now ;)
And I would appreciate It if you used my subscriber link. I'll give you the 20% discount I will be getting for the first year back if you contact me.
But other than that I still think it's a good think. Check out the free trial video's and see why I like it.

So check it out the link is in this join me on treehouse image below:

No comments:

Post a Comment